In this 7th edition of the co-production forum, which has been held from June 26th to June 29th in Toledo, the Ibiza Film Commission maintains its collaboration with Conecta FICTION & ENTERTAINMENT to promote itself as a privileged maritime territory for audiovisual production.
On June 7th, the Conecta F&E presentation ceremony was held at the IMEX (Cultural Institute of Mexico), because this, along with Poland, are the guest countries this year. Among those attending the presentation were the head of the Audiovisual sector at ICEX-Invest in Spain, Fabia Buenaventura; the president of the Spain Film Commission, Carlos Rosado; and the Institutional Director of Audiovisual at Fundación SGAE, Silvia Pérez de Pablos, among others.
In addition to those named above, other authorities attended such as Patricia Franco, the Minister of Economy, Business and Employment of the Junta de Comunidades de Castilla-La Mancha; or Mike Villanueva, the head of the Castilla-La Mancha Film Commission.
The Ibiza Film Commission once again maintains its collaboration with this forum to continue promoting itself as a privileged maritime territory for audiovisual production. Among its promotions, the island promotes the uniqueness of its offer, as well as the 30% tax refunds, its 200 km of coastline with 9 lighthouses, 7 ports and 50 sandy, rocky and gravel beaches.
On the other hand, among the novelties presented by the forum in its seventh edition, a showcase of Spanish content was held in which Atresmedia Televisión, Filmax, Movistar Plus+ International, Onza Distribution and The Mediapro Studio showed their novelties to European and American buyers and programmers .
In addition, the five project pitch sessions continued, whose finalists were announced a few days ago: Pitch Copro Series, Pitch Feelgood Formats, Pitch Music Series, Pitch High-End Series and Pitch Docudrama Series. Likewise, the Pitch Clips have been screened and the SGAE Foundation presented more than 30 original scripts.
ONCE IN THE EVENT
Noemí Castro, as director of the Ibiza Film Commission, attended the latest edition of Conecta, held in the city of Toledo from June 26th to June 29th, 2023. During the stay at Conecta 2023, she carried out the following actions and attented the following principal events:
- Preparation, execution and assistance to the CONECTA PARTY event where the Ibiza Film Commission has been a collaborator together with Fomento del Turismo of the island of Ibiza and Grupo Pachá. The insular director of Tourism Juan Miguel Costa attended the party.
- Attendance at the Conecta THINK TANK conference with the participation of ICEX (charged to EU Recovery Funds) and sponsorship of RTVE, where high-level professionals met level to debate and share views on issues of great relevance to the sector.
- Attendance at the Opening Ceremony and Cocktail with the participation of ICEX in the Cigarral de Santa María.
- Attendance at the cocktail party organized by the Spain Film Commission
- Attendance at the CONECTA MEET conference, in collaboration with the Quebec Delegation at La Hacienda del Cardenal.
For the Ibiza Film Commission team, its been a pleasure to get to participate again in an other edition of Conecta FICTION & ENTERTAINMENT. See you next year!